Job Title: Coatings Shop Coordinator
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Park Derochie Inc. is currently seeking a Coatings Shop Coordinator to join their team. This contract opportunity is an hourly temporary position based in our Surrey, B.C shop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Arrange trucking – shipping / receiving and generate electronic shipping documents
- Order and track materials, fuel, parts and consumables
- Assist with review of commercial contracts and change orders
- Complete preliminary take offs for material purchases and invoicing purposes
- Receive the necessary drawings from clients and determine the painting requirements
- Track and report shop progress
- Coordinate work in shop and interface with clients
- Data entry into proprietary database and spreadsheets
- Manage shipments and issue work packages
- Prepare quality control documents and packages for clients
- Monitor progress and scheduling
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Self motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with ITP's, commercial contracts and work orders
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- NACE I Coating Inspector Certification
- NACE II and NACE III Coating Inspector Certification an asset
- Ability to use Microsoft WORD and EXCEL effectively and efficiently
- CET is considered an asset but is not necessary
- Experience in industrial coatings shop an asset
Although this position primarily requires working in an office, shop walk abouts and the ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environments are also required.
This temporary position is Monday through Friday, averaging 40 hours per week. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
On the job training will be provided to the candidate who displays the best combination of abilities and experience. The candidate selected will strive in environments that are busy, complex and ever changing and can work under the constant pressure of time sensitivity and changing priorities.
A position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunities for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team.
Park Derochie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to ABJobs@ParkDerochie.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.