Job Title: Shop Abrasive Blasters Coaters
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Park Derochie is a premier industrial contractor, located in Edmonton, Alberta. We are currently seeking experienced industrial abrasive blasters/coaters for our recently completed environmentally controlled state of the art blasting and coating shop facility featuring bright LED lighting, supplied breathing air and separate dedicated areas for abrasive blasting and coating.
The successful candidates will be part of a unique and innovative work environment dedicated to exemplary safety, quality, and production standards. They must be self-motivated, show pride in their work, and have high regard for our corporate quality and safety management systems.
These day shift positions offer competitive wages and benefits based on the Local 177 IUPAT Collective Agreement. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, with the potential for overtime.
If you are passionate about your trade and are looking to work in a state of the work abrasive blasting and coating environment this may be the position for you.
· Conscientiously perform duties involving all aspects of abrasive blasting and coating industrial piping and structural steel according to job specifications.
· Apply coatings using Airless, Plural and Conventional Spray Systems.
· All levels of surface preparation - NACE 1 to NACE 10 and SP-1 to SP-16.
· Part of team responsible for the daily weekly, monthly maintenance required of this state of the art facility.
· Understand and adhere to corporate quality and safety management systems.
· Behave in a professional manner with a high degree of respect for self, co-workers, clients and equipment.
Education, Training and Abilities:
· Minimum five (5) years experience abrasive blasting and coating in a shop facility.
· JM ticket is preferred.
· Previous supervision experience is an asset.
· Experience operating an Overhead Crane, Tractor/Trailer, Forklift and/or Zoom Boom for loading and unloading materials is an asset.
· Demonstrate clear communication skills with the ability to speak and write in the English language.
· Physically fit and able to do physically demanding work.
· Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Punctual, reliable, and able to work collaboratively with others.
· Proven ability to learn, understand and embrace new technologies.
· TSA/ Metalizing experience is an asset.
· Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift.
· Frequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and twisting.
· Required to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to wear a full-face respirator for extended periods.
· Must be able to work in extremely tight spaces or on elevated platforms.
· Must be able to pass Pre-Access Drug and Alcohol Screening.
· Must have access to reliable transportation as there is no nearby public transportation.
A position with Park Derochie represents a significant opportunity to establish a solid career with a large, well established, and growing company. If you enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and are seeking opportunity for professional advancement, we invite you to join our team.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourage resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and competencies outlined.
Please note that positions listed are available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents of those with a current, open work permit only.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in these positions; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.