Park Derochie is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees. To this end, we utilize a Safety Department and employ full-time safety representatives for field projects. Our WCB rate is over 90% lower than the industry standard, which highlights our exemplary safety history and dedication to keeping our employees safe and healthy.
We pride ourselves on training our employees to maintain a safe worksite. As part of this commitment, we invest in daily job-site training sessions and provide reimbursement for supervisors and managers to attend external training programs. Park Derochie has also established a system of safety incentives and bonuses to reward safe work.
Park Derochie's health & safety program addresses the key elements of:
- Management commitment
- General safety policies
- Federal and provincial requirements
- Hazard assessments
- Safe work practices and job procedures
- Rules & compliance
- Daily safety topics and reviews
- Employee training (workers, supervisors and management)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safety inspections & audits - both internal and external
- Preventive maintenance
- Records and statistics
- Safety incentives and bonuses