Park Derochie is committed to providing a program that educates and encourages employees to make long term, sustainable changes to improve overall well-being.
By Definition Workplace Health and Wellness is:
“…an organized, employer-sponsored program that is designed to support employees as they adopt and sustain behaviors that reduce health risks, improve quality of life, enhance personal effectiveness, and benefit the organization’s bottom line.”
Park Derochie Objective
Since a large portion of our lives is spent at work, we at Park Derochie feel a responsibility to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. It is our intent to provide an environment that allows for employees to maintain good health, enjoy their work and contribute to the company’s success and, therefore, their own. We hope to accomplish this by building healthier individuals and relationships in all aspects of our lives.
Numerous factors in our lives keep us from living a healthier lifestyle; whether it be a lack of time, motivation, funds or a fitness partner. By working with an employer who truly believes in the importance of health and wellness our personal goals can become attainable.
Another great benefit of the wellness program is the sense of camaraderie that develops with your co-workers. You’ll have a chance to experience fun activities with them that are not related to work, and build solid relationships which, in turn, create a sense of unity. It is also important to Park Derochie that you have energy to give to your family and friends after your workday is complete.
- Healthy choices in the kitchen – We are pleased to offer an on-site cafeteria with soups, made fresh daily and provided to all employers free of charge, as well as other delicious, nutritious, balanced meals available for purchase throughout the day. To aid in our desire to provide healthy food choices, our in-house cook worked with a dietician to create a healthy menu.
- Gym – Our on-site gym is available to all employees. Because Park Derochie is committed to helping people find time in their busy schedules to get active we offer employees the opportunity to use the gym 3 hours per week during work hours.
- Group Benefits Plan – Park Derochie offers a comprehensive Group Benefits plan to all full-time employees.
- Kudos for Quitting smoking - Individuals are rewarded financially once they are smoke free for a full year.
- Activities / Events
- Spartan Race
- Hockey Night In Canada Play On - 4 on 4 Tournament
- MS Bike Leduc to Camrose Tour
- Curling Funspiel
- Night Race
- Yoga Sessions